-   -   Open another program(Word) with Excel macro? (https://www.excelbanter.com/new-users-excel/61311-open-another-program-word-excel-macro.html)

Al

Open another program(Word) with Excel macro?

I have created a Word document that is linked to an Excel worksheet so that
I was able to format the printout the way I wanted.
I would like to run a macro that would open that Word document.
Is there a macro command that will open a document in Word(file is linked to
an Excel worksheet).
Does any of this make sense?

Gary''s Student

Open another program(Word) with Excel macro?

Yes: two ways.

1. Put a hyperlink to the word document in a cell. Then you are only a
click away from opeining the do.

2. From VBA:

Sub Macro1()
x = Shell("cmd.exe /c C:\Userguide.doc", 1)
End Sub

will do the same thing
--
Gary's Student