-   -   How do I change . to : when input in a time sheet by error (https://www.excelbanter.com/new-users-excel/59788-how-do-i-change-when-input-time-sheet-error.html)

geordie

How do I change . to : when input in a time sheet by error

Have a time sheet, when entering time if I enter it as 09.30 how can I have
the system change this automatically to 09:30 when I enter it?

Gary''s Student

How do I change . to : when input in a time sheet by error

Just change the format from hh.mm to hh:mm
--
Gary's Student

"geordie" wrote:

Have a time sheet, when entering time if I enter it as 09.30 how can I have
the system change this automatically to 09:30 when I enter it?

RagDyeR

How do I change . to : when input in a time sheet by error

One trick is to use "Auto Correct".

For instance, if you're entering timecards on a Monday, with a large number
of time entries, you can *temporarily* change the decimal (period) to the
colon using Auto Correct.

<Tools <Auto Correct
Make sure "ReplaceTextAsYouType" is checked,
And in the "Replace" box enter a period, and in the "With" box enter a
colon, then <OK.

This will allow you to use the "10-key" num pad to enter all your times.
When you're done, you can switch back to normal.

If, on the other hand, you're looking for something to use throughout the
entire work day, you might wish to make a *permanent* entry in Auto Correct,
perhaps a *double* decimal (..) to denote a change to a colon.

It's *almost* just as easy as the single decimal when using "10-key", but
for *sure*, it's a heck of a lot easier then using the colon.
--

HTH,

RD