-   -   How do I set a formula if A1 is "a" then C1 is 3? (https://www.excelbanter.com/new-users-excel/59678-how-do-i-set-formula-if-a1-then-c1-3-a.html)

Karen

How do I set a formula if A1 is "a" then C1 is 3?

I'm wanting to set a formula so that if cell A1 is "a" then C1 would be 3 and
if A1 is "b" then C1 would be 5.

Search33

How do I set a formula if A1 is "a" then C1 is 3?

=IF(A1="a",3,IF(A1="b",5,"Whatever you want if neither are true"))

"Karen" wrote:

I'm wanting to set a formula so that if cell A1 is "a" then C1 would be 3 and
if A1 is "b" then C1 would be 5.

JE McGimpsey

How do I set a formula if A1 is "a" then C1 is 3?

Put this in C1:

=IF(A1="a",3,IF(A1="b","5",""))

In article ,
"Karen" wrote:

I'm wanting to set a formula so that if cell A1 is "a" then C1 would be 3 and
if A1 is "b" then C1 would be 5.

BenjieLop

Karen Wrote:
I'm wanting to set a formula so that if cell A1 is "a" then C1 would be
3 and
if A1 is "b" then C1 would be 5.

Enter this formula in Cell C1:

=IF(A1=\"A\",3,IF(A1=\"B\",5,\"\"))

NOTE: for any other entry in Cell A1, Cell C1 will be blank.

Regards.

--
BenjieLop

BenjieLop's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=11019
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=492188

Karen

How do I set a formula if A1 is "a" then C1 is 3?

Thank you so much!!

"Karen" wrote:

I'm wanting to set a formula so that if cell A1 is "a" then C1 would be 3 and
if A1 is "b" then C1 would be 5.

RagDyeR

How do I set a formula if A1 is "a" then C1 is 3?

To return a zero when criteria is not met, try:

=(A1="A")*3+(A1="B")*5

--

HTH,

RD