-   -   How do I Default a modify password for each workbook (https://www.excelbanter.com/new-users-excel/59394-how-do-i-default-modify-password-each-workbook.html)

Sammy work

How do I Default a modify password for each workbook

I'm sending excel docs to people via email - about 20-30 a day. Everytime I
send one I have to individually set a password for each workbook to protect
it from being modified.

Is there any way I can default every new workbook to be protected by a
password?

Bernie Deitrick

How do I Default a modify password for each workbook

Sammy,

Try saving a password protected workbook as your default template, Book.xlt, in your xlstart folder.

HTH,
Bernie
MS Excel MVP