-   -   How to test a cell to see if it is over a threshold? (https://www.excelbanter.com/new-users-excel/58777-how-test-cell-see-if-over-threshold.html)

Grd

How to test a cell to see if it is over a threshold?

Hi,

I have a column with Sales figures in Column A for eg. 5000, 3000 etc and I
need to indicated whether they are above the bonus target of 4500.

Is there a formula I can create that would give me the results ON TARGET or
Below Target next to the sales figures in Column B?

Any help greatly appreciated

Thanks in advance

Janet

JE McGimpsey

How to test a cell to see if it is over a threshold?

One way:

Assume your target amount is in D1.

B1: =IF(A1=$D$1, "ON TARGET", "Below Target")

Copy down as far as required.

In article ,
Grd wrote:

Hi,

I have a column with Sales figures in Column A for eg. 5000, 3000 etc and I
need to indicated whether they are above the bonus target of 4500.

Is there a formula I can create that would give me the results ON TARGET or
Below Target next to the sales figures in Column B?

Any help greatly appreciated

Thanks in advance

Janet

RagDyeR

How to test a cell to see if it is over a threshold?

Type your target number in C1, and enter this formula in B1, and copy down
as needed:

=IF(A1=$C$1,"ON Target","Below Target")
--

HTH,

RD

"Grd" wrote in message

I have a column with Sales figures in Column A for eg. 5000, 3000 etc and I
need to indicated whether they are above the bonus target of 4500.

Is there a formula I can create that would give me the results ON TARGET or
Below Target next to the sales figures in Column B?

Any help greatly appreciated

Thanks in advance

Janet

Grd

How to test a cell to see if it is over a threshold?

That worked for me

Thanks

"Grd" wrote:

Hi,

I have a column with Sales figures in Column A for eg. 5000, 3000 etc and I
need to indicated whether they are above the bonus target of 4500.

Is there a formula I can create that would give me the results ON TARGET or
Below Target next to the sales figures in Column B?

Any help greatly appreciated

Thanks in advance

Janet

Grd

How to test a cell to see if it is over a threshold?

Thanks

Works!