-   -   Negative Number column (https://www.excelbanter.com/new-users-excel/57490-negative-number-column.html)

go

Negative Number column

I am trying to make a column product negative numbers when I manually enter
them in a spreadsheet. I am using a simple sum formula to add across rows
(10 columns) and the first column should always be a negative number i.e
credit and the rest positive.

I am real new to excel so I must be doing something wrong.

Max

Negative Number column

Assuming the 10 cols are A to J,
maybe a simpler way would be to use something like ..

In K1: =SUM(B1:J1)-A1
Or, in K1: =SUM(B1:J1,-A1)

with K1 copied down

Then you could just enter the credit numbers
in the first column "as-is",
w/o worrying about making these negative
--
Rgds
Max