-   -   Excel formula ?. Help please. (https://www.excelbanter.com/new-users-excel/57367-excel-formula-help-please.html)

Alex M.

Excel formula ?. Help please.

I am in a number draw based on the lottery. Each member has 10 numbers and
there are just over 400 members. I would like to try and set up a spreadsheet
wherby I can enter a number in cell A1 and all cells which contain that
number change to an X. Can it be done ?. Thanking you in anticipation.

Gary''s Student

Excel formula ?. Help please.

This is not exactly what you asked for, but:

Say you have a long list of numbers in column C and your X-out value in cell
A1. Then in cell B1 put:

=IF(C1=$A$1,"X",C1) and copy down

This will repeat the list in column C and "X-out" the value appearing in
cell A1
--
Gary's Student

"Alex M." wrote:

I am in a number draw based on the lottery. Each member has 10 numbers and
there are just over 400 members. I would like to try and set up a spreadsheet
wherby I can enter a number in cell A1 and all cells which contain that
number change to an X. Can it be done ?. Thanking you in anticipation.

Don Guillett

Excel formula ?. Help please.

This is a modification of the sample in VBA help index for FINDNEXT

Sub findallandmark()
With ActiveSheet.Cells
On Error GoTo quitit
Set c = .Find(range("a1"), LookIn:=xlValues)
If Not c Is Nothing Then
firstAddress = c.Address
Do

c.Value = "X"

Set c = .FindNext(c)
Loop While Not c Is Nothing And c.Address < firstAddress
End If
quitit:
End With

--