-   -   Execute macro at opening file (https://www.excelbanter.com/new-users-excel/57347-execute-macro-opening-file.html)

clippan

Execute macro at opening file

I have learned to do simple macros in Excel and how to combine them
with CTRL+a and so. Now I would like to have a worksheet with some
areas being erased at the opening of the file to make a clean start.
I can do it with a macro like Ctrl+a but how shall I do to have the
macro automatically run at the opening of the file, like the autostart
in Windows?

--
Many thanks in advance !
Clippan

Ron de Bruin

Execute macro at opening file

Hi

You can use the open/activate event of the workbook
See this page for more information

Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl