-   -   How Do I create an overline for text (https://www.excelbanter.com/new-users-excel/57034-how-do-i-create-overline-text.html)

Etienne Erasmus

How Do I create an overline for text

How do I create a line on top of the text

Ron Coderre

How Do I create an overline for text

Try this:
FormatCellsBorders
Click the topline button

OR

For a more convenient technique on an on-going basis:
Customize your toolbar and drag the topline button from the Drawing menu to
a toolbar.

Does that help?

***********
Regards,
Ron

"Etienne Erasmus" wrote:

How do I create a line on top of the text

Ron Coderre

How Do I create an overline for text

Actually, when customizing the a toolbar, the topline button is in the Format
category of the Commands tab.

***********
Regards,
Ron

"Etienne Erasmus" wrote:

How do I create a line on top of the text

Desert Piranha

How Do I create an overline for text

Hi,
To add to what Ron said with a different interpretation. I see "on top
of the text" as "strikethrough".
If this is the case go to the Format,Cells,Font,Strikethrough.
Dave

--
Desert Piranha
Desert Piranha's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=28934