-   -   Right justify moved data only part way (https://www.excelbanter.com/new-users-excel/56980-right-justify-moved-data-only-part-way.html)

hgopp99

Right justify moved data only part way

As input, I have a spreadsheet, and I noticed that many of the columns, when
right-justified only moved a portion of the way across the cell. Then I
noticed that if I shrunk the cell and tried to left or right justify, it was
possible that I would lose all or part of the data. Apparently, the column
width is not being shrunk, per se, but moved. I am not familiar with this
and would like to remove this function.

--
hgopp99

JE McGimpsey

Right justify moved data only part way

It sounds to me like your data is text with trailing whitespace
characters in some cells.

I have no idea what you mean by "the column width...(is) moved". Column
width is a single number for each column.