Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
DKT

Default cant send email attachment from excel

Can someone tell me how to get the button for sending an excel file with an
attachment via email by just clinking the button. I cannot get the button to
open just the regular email button and not the one that says send with
attachment and then will open to the addresses I choose. I did delete the
email button but it still doesn't work
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Ron de Bruin

Hi

Do you mean that the Mail button is not working on the menu bar ?

See
http://www.rondebruin.nl/mail/problems.htm

If you need code examples or a Add-in look here
http://www.rondebruin.nl/sendmail.htm

--
Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl

"DKT" wrote in message ...
Can someone tell me how to get the button for sending an excel file with an
attachment via email by just clinking the button. I cannot get the button to
open just the regular email button and not the one that says send with
attachment and then will open to the addresses I choose. I did delete the
email button but it still doesn't work

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
DKT

No there are two email buttons in excel and I am trying to use the one that
says send to mail reccipient (as attachment). I went to the tools and then
customize and I dragged it up to the top like it said but it stays gray and
will not execute and I am trying to save steps by not having to click the
attach button and then find the file and then email. I wan' to email it
directly from the file with the lines etc..Sorry but I am new to this so I
hope it doesn't sound stupid...

"DKT" wrote in message ...
Can someone tell me how to get the button for sending an excel file with an
attachment via email by just clinking the button. I cannot get the button to
open just the regular email button and not the one that says send with
attachment and then will open to the addresses I choose. I did delete the
email button but it still doesn't work

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Ron de Bruin

Hi DKT

Have you checked number 1 and 2 in this link

"DKT" wrote in message ...
Can someone tell me how to get the button for sending an excel file with an
attachment via email by just clinking the button. I cannot get the button to
open just the regular email button and not the one that says send with
attachment and then will open to the addresses I choose. I did delete the
email button but it still doesn't work

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
DKT

Yes and I just went to the sysedit win ini and I don't have anything that
says mail there and I don't know how to add it.

"DKT" wrote in message ...
Can someone tell me how to get the button for sending an excel file with an
attachment via email by just clinking the button. I cannot get the button to
open just the regular email button and not the one that says send with
attachment and then will open to the addresses I choose. I did delete the
email button but it still doesn't work

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Ron de Bruin

Hi DKT

This I have in my Win.ini in WinXP,Office 2002

[Mail]
MAPI=1
CMC=1
CMCDLLNAME=mapi.dll
CMCDLLNAME32=mapi32.dll
MAPIX=1
MAPIXVER=1.0.0.1
OLEMessaging=1

If you don't see [Mail] in the win.ini file then add the code above in the win.ini file.
If you see [Mail] but don't have MAPIX=1 in this section then add a new line with it.

Win.ini is a normal txt file so add it and save it when you close it

--
Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl

"DKT" wrote in message ...
Can someone tell me how to get the button for sending an excel file with an
attachment via email by just clinking the button. I cannot get the button to
open just the regular email button and not the one that says send with
attachment and then will open to the addresses I choose. I did delete the
email button but it still doesn't work

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
DKT

Ron I am stuck as in my win ini files ther is nothing like what you have
typed here it is mostly video things. I also have office 2003 so again I can
send email with the attachment but I can't get the send with attachment
button to work so I know my email is working...Any other suggestions?

"DKT" wrote in message ...
Can someone tell me how to get the button for sending an excel file with an
attachment via email by just clinking the button. I cannot get the button to
open just the regular email button and not the one that says send with
attachment and then will open to the addresses I choose. I did delete the
email button but it still doesn't work

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Ron de Bruin

Copy the lines in your win.ini file and try again

--
Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl

"DKT" wrote in message ...
Can someone tell me how to get the button for sending an excel file with an
attachment via email by just clinking the button. I cannot get the button to
open just the regular email button and not the one that says send with
attachment and then will open to the addresses I choose. I did delete the
email button but it still doesn't work

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
DKT

I absolutely do not understand why this won't work, I have copied the files I
even reinstalled office again and it just won't let me send from the file
with it attached and on my other computer the icon was added to my toolbar
and no problem so I am really struggling to get this running right. I don't
know what else to try