-   -   Tick marks (https://www.excelbanter.com/new-users-excel/56303-tick-marks.html)

ofey

Tick marks

Hi,

I am looking to use a tick mark and an X for incorrect in a cell. I
can't find either in Excel. Does anyone know how I might go about
getting them?

I'm basically writing a simple maths work sheet. With something such as

2+3=

Each of the characters is in a separate cell and if the student gets
the correct answer a tick symbol comes up in the next cell.

I also want their score to be at the top of the sheet as they go.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Shane

--
ofey
ofey's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=23866

damorrison

Tick marks

depending on what version of excel you have there are 2 guys that have
a list of special characters
Check-out j-walk.com
and search for special characters, or maybe his face ID's
or search for excel special charactors in the google groups search or
google web search
I am sure something will come up
Dave

Norman Jones

Tick marks

Hi Ofey,

Try using the Webdings font in the marking cells; then, the lower case
letters a and r will give you the symbols you want.

---
Regards,
Norman

"ofey" wrote in message

I am looking to use a tick mark and an X for incorrect in a cell. I
can't find either in Excel. Does anyone know how I might go about
getting them?

I'm basically writing a simple maths work sheet. With something such as

2+3=

Each of the characters is in a separate cell and if the student gets
the correct answer a tick symbol comes up in the next cell.

I also want their score to be at the top of the sheet as they go.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Shane

--
ofey
ofey's Profile:
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=486489

ofey

Tick marks

Norman that's exactly what I was looking for.

Thanks for your help.

Shane

--
ofey
ofey's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=23866
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=486489

DTTODGG

Tick marks

Hello-
Is there a "font" that has the smiley and sad faces?

"damorrison" wrote:

depending on what version of excel you have there are 2 guys that have
a list of special characters
Check-out j-walk.com
and search for special characters, or maybe his face ID's
or search for excel special charactors in the google groups search or
google web search
I am sure something will come up
Dave

Norman Jones