-   -   the auto date feature is not functioning properly - how to reset (https://www.excelbanter.com/new-users-excel/55349-auto-date-feature-not-functioning-properly-how-reset.html)

E. Ruth Cummins

the auto date feature is not functioning properly - how to reset

I am using an EXCEL invoice which normally opens with the correct date. Now
I open it with the correct date showing but it prints with a string of number
symbols where the date should be. How do I reset the date or get the date to
function properly.

Elkar

the auto date feature is not functioning properly - how to reset

Sounds like the column width is too small. Try increasing the width of the
column a little and see if that helps.

"E. Ruth Cummins" wrote:

I am using an EXCEL invoice which normally opens with the correct date. Now
I open it with the correct date showing but it prints with a string of number
symbols where the date should be. How do I reset the date or get the date to
function properly.

E. Ruth Cummins

the auto date feature is not functioning properly - how to res

I tried the column width without success. I have another invoice with the
auto date feature which seems to print ok. But this excel invoice continues
to not print the date (just a string of #####). Any other ideas?

"E. Ruth Cummins" wrote:

I am using an EXCEL invoice which normally opens with the correct date. Now
I open it with the correct date showing but it prints with a string of number
symbols where the date should be. How do I reset the date or get the date to
function properly.

Dave Peterson

the auto date feature is not functioning properly - how to reset

Try making the font smaller or the columnwidth wider.

Sometimes, it looks nice on the screen but not so nice on paper. Just keep
adjusting and testing.

You may want to see if:
Foramt|Cells|alignment tab|Shrink to fit
makes it less of a problem.

--

Dave Peterson