-   -   Can I change a date with no format (20051111) to date format? (https://www.excelbanter.com/new-users-excel/55087-can-i-change-date-no-format-20051111-date-format.html)

Rose

Can I change a date with no format (20051111) to date format?

Can I change a date with no format ex: 20051111 to a date format ex:
11/11/2005?

Peo Sjoblom

Can I change a date with no format (20051111) to date format?

As long as you have 2 digits for months and days,
select the column, do datatext to columns, click next twice,
under column data format select date and then select YMD
assuming that is the order of the original. Then it will retrun a date based
on your regional setting so if in US you should get MDY

Peo Sjoblom

"Rose" wrote in message
Can I change a date with no format ex: 20051111 to a date format ex:
11/11/2005?

Bernard Liengme

Can I change a date with no format (20051111) to date format?

Alternatively use =DATE(LEFT(A1,4),MID(A1,5,2),RIGHT(A1,2))
If needed you could insert a column for this, then use Copy followed by
Paste Special-Values to convert formulas to dates; now delete the original
column
best wishes
--
Bernard V Liengme