-   -   Pivot Table Group by Week? (https://www.excelbanter.com/new-users-excel/54791-pivot-table-group-week.html)

DTTODGG

Pivot Table Group by Week?

Hello-

I see you can group pivot tables by month, year, quarter, etc..

What happen to 'by week'?

Thanks.

Peo Sjoblom

Pivot Table Group by Week?

Use days and set them to 7 that will group like 01/01/05 - 01/07/05

Peo Sjoblom

"DTTODGG" wrote in message
Hello-

I see you can group pivot tables by month, year, quarter, etc..

What happen to 'by week'?

Thanks.

DTTODGG

Pivot Table Group by Week?

Simply Beautiful.
Thank you Peo.

Now, can you help with my "Wrap data onto one page" question?
:-)

"DTTODGG" wrote in message
Hello-

I see you can group pivot tables by month, year, quarter, etc..

What happen to 'by week'?

Thanks.

Jimbo213

Pivot Table Group by Week?

neat trick - if my data spans 2006 and 2007 I can't find a way to only show
2007 weekly values [since using days + years messes up the "7" grouping of
days].

Any ideas?

Thanks for your reply & assistance.
Jimbo213

"DTTODGG" wrote in message
Hello-

I see you can group pivot tables by month, year, quarter, etc..

What happen to 'by week'?

Thanks.

Debra Dalgleish

Pivot Table Group by Week?

Instead of grouping, you could add a column to the source data, and
calculate the week's starting date. For example, if the date is in column A:
=A2-WEEKDAY(A2,3)

Add the WeekStart field to the pivot table, instead of the date.

--
Debra Dalgleish
Contextures

Jimbo213