-   -   how to get the means and stdandard errors of every row in 5 coulum (https://www.excelbanter.com/new-users-excel/51646-how-get-means-stdandard-errors-every-row-5-coulum.html)

jt42

how to get the means and stdandard errors of every row in 5 coulum

Hi, can you tell me how to get statistics on five different colums of numbers:
specifically, how to get means and st. errors of every row in five columns.
Thanks, Joanna

[email protected]

"jt42" wrote:
Hi, can you tell me how to get statistics on five different
colums of numbers: specifically, how to get means and
st. errors of every row in five columns.

I assume you mean "of each row".

The formula =AVERAGE(A1:E1) provides the average of row 1.

The formula =STDEV(A1:E1) provides the standard deviation.

The standard error is =STDEV(A1:E1)/SQRT(COUNT(A1:E1)) .

Use STDEVP() if your numbers represent the entire population.