-   -   Want day of the week when I insert a date (https://www.excelbanter.com/new-users-excel/50034-want-day-week-when-i-insert-date.html)

HT

Want day of the week when I insert a date

**cross post from microsoft.public.excel**..no answer as of yet

Excel 2003
WindowsXP

I am creating a spreadsheet and inserting many dates. I want to insert the
date and have the day of the week of that particular date appear. Otherwise
I would have to look up years worth of dates.

Is there a way to do this?

Thank you.

Ron de Bruin

Hi

Format the cells like this
dddd

--
Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl

"HT" wrote in message ...
**cross post from microsoft.public.excel**..no answer as of yet

Excel 2003
WindowsXP

I am creating a spreadsheet and inserting many dates. I want to insert the
date and have the day of the week of that particular date appear. Otherwise
I would have to look up years worth of dates.

Is there a way to do this?

Thank you.

bigwheel

Hi, =TEXT(A1, "dddd") if your date is in A1

"HT" wrote:

**cross post from microsoft.public.excel**..no answer as of yet

Excel 2003
WindowsXP

I am creating a spreadsheet and inserting many dates. I want to insert the
date and have the day of the week of that particular date appear. Otherwise
I would have to look up years worth of dates.

Is there a way to do this?

Thank you.

HT

Thanks guys..another user said to use Format, Cell, Number, Date and click
on the second option that includes the day with the date.

"HT" wrote:

**cross post from microsoft.public.excel**..no answer as of yet

Excel 2003
WindowsXP

I am creating a spreadsheet and inserting many dates. I want to insert

the
date and have the day of the week of that particular date appear.

Otherwise
I would have to look up years worth of dates.

Is there a way to do this?

Thank you.

Thiem

12/05/06 =WEEKDAY(A2,1) =VLOOKUP(B2,$A$11:$B$17,2,FALSE)

13/10/05 =WEEKDAY(A4,1) =VLOOKUP(B4,$A$11:$B$17,2,FALSE)

12/05/04 =WEEKDAY(A6,1) =VLOOKUP(B6,$A$11:$B$17,2,FALSE)

2 Monday
3 Tuesday
4 Wednesday
5 Thursday
6 Friday
7 Saturday
1 Sunday

First read the Weekday Fuction to understand, If you start your week on
a Sunday, the ref to enter will be 1, meaning 1 will be first day of the
week or Sunday. Then you just do a vlookup as list above

Cheers

Thiem
Thiem's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=27474
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=475514

HT

Theim,

I am not familiar with creating these functions..but I would like to be
...how would I?

Thank you.

"Thiem" wrote in
message ...