-   -   Checking cell for Number (https://www.excelbanter.com/new-users-excel/49880-checking-cell-number.html)

Lee

Checking cell for Number

I have about 200 numbers in column A. I would like to enter any number in
Column B. In column C I would like, it to show if the number is used or free.

can this be done with a if statement?

Thanks

Domenic

Try...

=IF(COUNTIF($A$1:$A$200,B1),"Used","Free")

If you have a list of numbers in Column B that you'd like to check,
enter the above formula in C1, and copy and paste the formula to your
other cells in Column C.

Hope this helps!

In article ,
Lee wrote:

I have about 200 numbers in column A. I would like to enter any number in
Column B. In column C I would like, it to show if the number is used or free.

can this be done with a if statement?

Thanks

Lee

Perfect