-   -   Copy & Paste table from Excel to Word (https://www.excelbanter.com/new-users-excel/49560-copy-paste-table-excel-word.html)

Johnny37

Copy & Paste table from Excel to Word

Folks,

When I copy and paste an Excel table into Word the formatting goes awry. Yet this happens only occasionally. It's obviously something I'm doing/not doing!

I would be grateful for any assistance in this matter.

Thanks very much

Johnny

Gary''s Student

Hi Johnny

If formatting is a problem, one way to handle it is to copy/paste as picture
rather than table.

1. select the range of cells in Excel that you want to copy.
2. Whle holding down the SHIFT key, pull-down:
Edit Copy Picture and do the copy
3. go to your word document and paste

Since the object is a picture rather than a table, you can re-size or
re-shape it to suit your needs.

Hope this helps
Gary's Student

--