-   -   Excel: Combo Box (https://www.excelbanter.com/new-users-excel/49493-excel-combo-box.html)

accessman2

Excel: Combo Box

Hi:
In Excel, I want a combo box, which can control on each cell.

How can I do that?

Because after I create the combo box, then cell link is B1, then the
combo box only control B1 value, I want it control all cell like this:

___A_B
1____Y
2____N
3____Y
4____N
5...
etc..

How do I fix that? Thanks.

Thanks.

--
accessman2
accessman2's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=27953

paul

in another cell i use index or choose to return the value you want from the
dropdown box,say e2=choose(e1,a1,a2,a3,a4,a5) ,and then
vlookup(e2,a1:b5,2,false).If you think more quickly or further ahead than me
you could have the choose formula directly in the lookup value of vlookup
like so=vlookup(choose(e1,a1,a2,a3,a4,a5),a1:b5,2,false ).false is a value
which tells vlookup to look for an exact match.
--
paul
remove nospam for email addy!