-   -   Dollar sign (https://www.excelbanter.com/new-users-excel/49076-dollar-sign.html)

Ralphael1

Dollar sign

Can I enter dollar amount without the $ appearing on the left side of
the cell?
Thanks,

Ralphael, the OLD one

Don Guillett

change the format

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software

"Ralphael1" wrote in message
oups.com...
Can I enter dollar amount without the $ appearing on the left side of
the cell?
Thanks,

Ralphael, the OLD one

Gord Dibben

Sure, just format the cells as Number or Currency rather than Accounting.

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

Gord Dibben wrote:
Sure, just format the cells as Number or Currency rather than Accounting.

All well and good up to a point...but....5.00 appears as just 5. the
zeros after the decimal are nowhere to be seen...

Ralphael, the OLD one

Don Guillett

formatnumberlets you select the decimals. Look again

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software

"Ralphael1" wrote in message
oups.com...

Gord Dibben wrote:
Sure, just format the cells as Number or Currency rather than

Accounting.

All well and good up to a point...but....5.00 appears as just 5. the
zeros after the decimal are nowhere to be seen...

Ralphael, the OLD one

Ralphael1

OK, Thanks, now I think I understand something that was palin as day I
should have seen.

Kudos'

Ralph

Don Guillett