-   -   automatic ID issuance in MS Exel worksheet (https://www.excelbanter.com/new-users-excel/48928-automatic-id-issuance-ms-exel-worksheet.html)

Muhammad Yaqub

automatic ID issuance in MS Exel worksheet

I am a new user of MS Office (exel), i want to use exel worksheet and creat
automatice ID (automatic numbering of rows) that can not be amended or
repeated.

Zack Barresse

Hi there,

Not sure that I fully understand the requirements here, but I'll take a
stab. I'm assuming that you wish to start with 1 (one) and count upwards
from there. I'm also assuming that you wish to enter 1 into a row and count
(ascendingly) down rows incrementing by one each row that is incremented by
one. If so, enter 1 in the first desired row, re-select that cell, press
and hold Ctrl, click and hold the bottom right corner of the cell you
entered the one into, drag down as far as desired.

HTH

Zack Barresse, aka firefytr, (GT = TFS FF Zack)