-   -   Deleting excess rows and columns (https://www.excelbanter.com/new-users-excel/4887-deleting-excess-rows-columns.html)

abbyzmom

Deleting excess rows and columns

First time to use Excel, and I can't find the answer. I have already set up
my sheet, and it has infinite rows and columns. How do I limit it to just
what I need?

JulieD

Hi

the 256 columns and 65536 rows are the basis of an excel worksheet and can
not be added to or deleted. However, you can hide unused ones.

Select the unused columns and choose format/ column / hide. Repeat for the
rows.

Cheers
JulieD

"abbyzmom" wrote in message
First time to use Excel, and I can't find the answer. I have already set
up
my sheet, and it has infinite rows and columns. How do I limit it to just
what I need?

abbyzmom

Thanks, JulieD!