-   -   recording macros (https://www.excelbanter.com/new-users-excel/4866-recording-macros.html)

Pat

recording macros

Hi, I am trying to record a macro where the cells are in relative mode, but
don't know how to. Can anyone help new macro user! Thanks.

Peo Sjoblom

There is a stop button when you record a macro, next to the stop is a small
spreadsheet icon, click it before you start doing anything (if it's not
there, record a macro and while doing so do viewtoolbars and select stop
recording)

Regards,

Peo Sjoblom

"Pat" wrote:

Hi, I am trying to record a macro where the cells are in relative mode, but
don't know how to. Can anyone help new macro user! Thanks.

Pat

Thank you for your respone. However, I have been using this feature and I am
still having a problem. The problem is when I create the macro (all I want to
do is insert a bunch of lines, that are relative to the cursor location) the
macro reverts to the original location. I have recorded the macro with the
icon depressed and then again with it pressed, both offer the same result.
What am I doing wrong? Any advice, much apprceiated.