ckr

Default How do I get the $ off

I am new and on a test at school, it had a sheet with overtime hrs. I can't
find why it is adding the $ automatically.
Thanks
ckr

Timothy L

The cells were formatted as Currency.

Select the cell(s), row(s), or column(s), then click Format - Cells...

Now choose the correct format and click "OK" when done.

--
Please post all replies to the newsgroup for the benefit of others.
Requests for assistance by email will NOT be acknowledged!

"ckr" wrote in message
I am new and on a test at school, it had a sheet with overtime hrs. I can't
find why it is adding the $ automatically.
Thanks
ckr

Bernard Liengme

You have answers telling how to fix but not explaining how it happened
Sometimes Excel it too helpful.
If A1 holds $3 and B1 holds 2, then with C1=A1*B1 you get $12 because Excel
'carries' the formatting over to the result.

--
Bernard V Liengme
www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme