-   -   Help me Please!! Need hyperlinks to show actual email address! (https://www.excelbanter.com/new-users-excel/4853-help-me-please-need-hyperlinks-show-actual-email-address.html)

dustin

Help me Please!! Need hyperlinks to show actual email address!

I copy a list of names from one page and put them in a excel spreadsheet.
What happens is just the name show like DUSTIN MCALISTER but when you hold
the mouse over the name the email address shows up in a little yellow box
showing what the hyperlink is. Is there a way to make it show the email
address instead of the hyperlink?? That way I can click on a row of names and
all the emaill addresses will be there so I can copy and paste them into my
Email and mass email my clients? Thanks!

Bob Phillips

Dustin,

You could add this little UDF

Function eMail(rng As Range)
Dim tmp As String
On Error GoTo fx_exit
tmp = rng.Hyperlinks(1).Address
If Left(tmp, 7) = "mailto:" Then tmp = Right(tmp, Len(tmp) - 7)
fx_exit:
eMail = tmp
End Function

In another cell, say B1, add =email(A1) etc.

--
HTH

-------

Bob Phillips