-   -   file not opening (https://www.excelbanter.com/new-users-excel/4837-file-not-opening.html)

george

file not opening

Hi to all,

I have a diskette with two files in it. The first file
opens as usual but the second one I cannot open. I get a
message that the program is not responding. Is there a way
to go around it or have I lost all my data?

I appreciate any help, thanks in advance, george

Ron de Bruin

Hi George

I think you lost it

Always copy to your hard disk first
open it from there and work with it and save it
copy back to floppy

Microsoft barely acknowledge this in a hard to locate tip:
Secret #28
http://support.microsoft.com/default...ool.asp#E10E28

--
Regards Ron de Bruin