-   -   Referencing workbooks (https://www.excelbanter.com/new-users-excel/4755-referencing-workbooks.html)

Ken

Referencing workbooks

Hi,
It took me a while but I finally figured out how to reference data from one
worksheet to another using the ! key.
But I can't seem to find how to reference between workbooks. All I need to
reference is one cell from each of 14 workbooks. This cell has data
collected from 8 worksheets in each workbook (all being different)
Hope I've made a bit of sense here. I'm not real sure I know what I've typed
;")
Thanks,
Ken

Gordon

Ken wrote:
Hi,
It took me a while but I finally figured out how to reference data
from one worksheet to another using the ! key.
But I can't seem to find how to reference between workbooks. All I
need to reference is one cell from each of 14 workbooks. This cell
has data collected from 8 worksheets in each workbook (all being
different) Hope I've made a bit of sense here. I'm not real sure I know
what
I've typed ;")
Thanks,
Ken

Open all the work books. In the cell you want to link to the other
workbooks, type = and then click on the cell in the first workbook, type +
and click on the second cell, etc etc.

HTH