-   -   How do I edit, copy and paste text in excel cells? (https://www.excelbanter.com/new-users-excel/4754-how-do-i-edit-copy-paste-text-excel-cells.html)

floridactyl

How do I edit, copy and paste text in excel cells?

If I make a typing error, or want to copy a heading to different cell, I find
the only option is to delete the contents of the cell and retype elsewhere.

Help, please.

Frank Kabel

Hi
hit F2 or click in the formula bar to insert at any place you want

--
Regards
Frank Kabel
"floridactyl" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
If I make a typing error, or want to copy a heading to different cell, I
find
the only option is to delete the contents of the cell and retype
elsewhere.

Help, please.

Wondering Why

Select a cell, press ctrl+c, select new cell, press ctrl+v. You will have
just copied one cell to another while maintaining the content of the
original cell. Using ctrl+x will cut from one cell and then you can use
ctrl+v to paste it where you want. It works just like in word.

--

Steven

There are two secrets to success in life:
1) Never tell people everything you know