Wondering Why

Default Hiding info

I have 4 or 5 cells, that are "control" cells. They contain info that other
cells will use but I do not want tthem to be seen. I know that to hide it, I
have to enter some under custom, in cell format. Would someone please remind
me of exactly it is that hides cell contents?

Thank you

Steven

Dave Peterson

You could hide the column(s) that held the values.
You could hide the row(s) that held the values.

You could give the cells a custom format of ;;; (3 semicolons).
(This'll make it look like the cell is empty, but you can still see the value in
formula bar.

You may want to put the values on a different worksheet and then hide that
worksheet.
Format|sheet|hide

But be aware that this doesn't mean that you've stopped any determined user from
finding out what those values are.

Excel isn't built for that kind of security.

--

Dave Peterson
Wondering Why

Thank you, the ;;; was what I was looking for but could not recall. I
appreciate it.

Steven