-   -   how to open excel if no MS office (https://www.excelbanter.com/new-users-excel/47239-how-open-excel-if-no-ms-office.html)

Scudo

how to open excel if no MS office

I want to send an excel file to someone but they do not have `office` on
their PC is there a programme they could download that would allow them to
read/open it? Also will I still be able to password protect from opening
(its personal info for the recipient only and being sent to a family PC)

thanks

Don Guillett

excel VIEWER.

a free version that will open excel files
http://www.openoffice.org/

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software

"Scudo" wrote in message
I want to send an excel file to someone but they do not have `office` on
their PC is there a programme they could download that would allow them to
read/open it? Also will I still be able to password protect from opening
(its personal info for the recipient only and being sent to a family PC)

thanks

Timothy L

You should be able to open a password protected Microsoft Excel Worksheet in the Microsoft Excel Viewer 2003,
however, I'm not sure if Microsoft Excel Viewer 2003 supports Information Rights Management (IRM).

Share Excel files by using Excel Viewer 2003

Microsoft Excel Viewer 2003

Please note that software such as OpenOffice.org will NOT open Microsoft Excel Worksheet which is password
protected.

--
Please post all replies to the newsgroup for the benefit of others.
Requests for assistance by email will NOT be acknowledged!

"Scudo" wrote in message ...
I want to send an excel file to someone but they do not have `office` on
their PC is there a programme they could download that would allow them to
read/open it? Also will I still be able to password protect from opening
(its personal info for the recipient only and being sent to a family PC)

thanks

Scudo

Thanks for the info

"Timothy L" wrote in message
You should be able to open a password protected Microsoft Excel Worksheet

in the Microsoft Excel Viewer 2003,
however, I'm not sure if Microsoft Excel Viewer 2003 supports Information

Rights Management (IRM).

Share Excel files by using Excel Viewer 2003

Microsoft Excel Viewer 2003

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...bf4-996c-4569-
b547-75edbd03aaf0&DisplayLang=en