-   -   In excell, I put an invalid character on a worksheet name tab, no. (https://www.excelbanter.com/new-users-excel/4718-excell-i-put-invalid-character-worksheet-name-tab-no.html)

lyk

In excell, I put an invalid character on a worksheet name tab, no.

I am several worksheets into a project and in naming a tab I put an invalid
character on the tab name. Now, any touch of the keybord or mouse just gets
me an error message and nothing is active....what to do?

Max

Press Esc key ..
should cancel the action
--
Rgds
Max
"lyk" wrote in message
I am several worksheets into a project and in naming a tab I put an

invalid
character on the tab name. Now, any touch of the keybord or mouse just

gets
me an error message and nothing is active....what to do?

lyk

Thank you Max. I actually figured it out.....it was a duh moment. Just
needed to type in the new name.

"Max" wrote:

Press Esc key ..
should cancel the action
--
Rgds
Max
"lyk" wrote in message
I am several worksheets into a project and in naming a tab I put an

invalid
character on the tab name. Now, any touch of the keybord or mouse just

gets
me an error message and nothing is active....what to do?

Max

"lyk" wrote
Thank you Max. I actually figured it out
.....it was a duh moment. Just=20
needed to type in the new name.=20

No problem <g=20
Glad to hear that !