-   -   muliply (https://www.excelbanter.com/new-users-excel/4691-muliply.html)

sapphria

muliply

How do I multiply a row or column of numbers by the same number ie,
a1,a2,a3,a4 etc by .8 and have all the answers displayed on the worksheet?

Frank Kabel

Hi
in B1 enter
=A1*0.8
and copy this formula down

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

sapphria wrote:
How do I multiply a row or column of numbers by the same number ie,
a1,a2,a3,a4 etc by .8 and have all the answers displayed on the
worksheet?

JE McGimpsey

If it's a one-time thing, one way:

Put 0.8 in an empty cell. Copy the cell. Select your range (e.g., column
or row). Choose Edit/Paste Special, selecting the Values and Multiply
radio buttons. Click OK.