-   -   changing name order (https://www.excelbanter.com/new-users-excel/4683-changing-name-order.html)

Liz

changing name order

How do I change the name order in a mailing list so that the first name is
first and the last name is last? Currently, cell contains last name first
followed by a comma and the first name(s).
Thanks,
Liz

Ragdyer

With mailing list in Column A, try this in B:

=RIGHT(A1,LEN(A1)-FIND(",",A1))&" "&LEFT(A1,FIND(",",A1)-1)

And drag down to copy, as needed.

This should display the names in the order that you requested.
However, the cells which display the names actually contain the formulas.

If you wish to remove the formulas, and leave only the name data behind,
select the column of formulas,and right click and choose "Copy".
Then, right click again, and choose "PasteSpacial", then click on "Values",
then <OK.
--
HTH,

RD