-   -   why do I get a illegal operation error? (https://www.excelbanter.com/new-users-excel/4635-why-do-i-get-illegal-operation-error.html)

just4scouts

why do I get a illegal operation error?

I am running office 2000 under win98 and am running into a problem with a
workbook.I have created a macro that when I first install and run it, it
works fine. If I close the workbook and reopen it, I get illegal opertion
(page fault error) and excel now needs to shut down. I have updated my office
and my windows and still run into the problem. I have tried it on a different
computer running office XP under XP and it seems to run fine. Any ideas????

Frank Kabel

Hi
have you tried rebuilding your file. Maybe the file got corrupt?

--
Regards
Frank Kabel