-   -   percentage difference (https://www.excelbanter.com/new-users-excel/4608-percentage-difference.html)

cimarron trucking

percentage difference

What function can I use/make to figure the difference in percentage between 2
monetary amounts?

Harald Staff

Hi

40 in A1. 80 in B1. In C1 formula
=A1/B1
format as percent numberformat and you may discover that 40 is 50% of 80.

HTH. Best wishes Harald

"cimarron trucking" <cimarron skrev i
melding ...
What function can I use/make to figure the difference in percentage

between 2
monetary amounts?

Bernard Liengme

I think OP wants the <difference:
=(B1-A1)/A1 or =B1/A1 - 1
format as percentage

--
Bernard Liengme
www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme

"Harald Staff" wrote in message
Hi

40 in A1. 80 in B1. In C1 formula
=A1/B1
format as percent numberformat and you may discover that 40 is 50% of 80.

HTH. Best wishes Harald

"cimarron trucking" <cimarron skrev i
melding ...
What function can I use/make to figure the difference in percentage

between 2
monetary amounts?

John Mansfield

I would use the formula

=(B1-A1)/abs(A1)

where the data in B1 is new and the data in A1 is what you want to compare
to. The reference to the absolute value in the denominator insures that the
percent change signs are correct if and when a negative number were to occur.