-   -   Custom footer (https://www.excelbanter.com/new-users-excel/4586-custom-footer.html)

Chrissy

Custom footer

I have a 3 page worksheet that needs page numbers. I need the page numbers
to start with a number other than 1. I have tried to use &[Page]+ and add
the number i need to add to the actual page number but it is not working. I
tried &[Page]+2 and my footer said Page 12. I dont understand. Any
suggestions?
--
thanks

JE McGimpsey

There's a bug in some WinXL versions that produces your results. You
need to put a space character after the 2

http://support.microsoft.com/default...kb;en-us;48198

Or try using the normal page number with

File/Page Setup/Sheet First Page number 3

In article ,
"Chrissy" wrote:

I have a 3 page worksheet that needs page numbers. I need the page numbers
to start with a number other than 1. I have tried to use &[Page]+ and add
the number i need to add to the actual page number but it is not working. I
tried &[Page]+2 and my footer said Page 12. I dont understand. Any
suggestions?

Art

In page setup, on the page tab, there's a first page number box. That should
do it.

Art