-   -   how do I identify an unfamiliar symbol in an excel cell (https://www.excelbanter.com/new-users-excel/45714-how-do-i-identify-unfamiliar-symbol-excel-cell.html)

Yosef2

how do I identify an unfamiliar symbol in an excel cell

The symbol underlined r has appeared in a cell but I cannot get rid of it

Gary''s Student

Strange stuff in a cell might be some kind of picture or other object. Place
the cursor on the "thing" and right-click. See if clear or delete shows up
as an option.
--
Gary''s Student

"Yosef2" wrote:

The symbol underlined r has appeared in a cell but I cannot get rid of it

MDOTJR

is it a symbol or a broken link refference... check insert symbols

--
MDOTJR

IT
MDOTJR's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=27332