-   -   How do I set date to change automatically on invoices created wit. (https://www.excelbanter.com/new-users-excel/4547-how-do-i-set-date-change-automatically-invoices-created-wit.html)

Angel

How do I set date to change automatically on invoices created wit.

I've only been using Excell with an invoice format and when I was using
Windows ME had no problem with having the date on a specific invoice change
every time I opened it to the current date. Now with Windows XP they don't do
that, I have to manually change the dates. Can you please help me to correct
this problem?

Thank you very much

Gord Dibben

Angel

In the date cell enter =TODAY()

If already there, check ToolsOptionsCalculation and ensure "Automatic" is
checked.

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Mon, 29 Nov 2004 17:23:02 -0800, "Angel"
wrote:

I've only been using Excell with an invoice format and when I was using
Windows ME had no problem with having the date on a specific invoice change
every time I opened it to the current date. Now with Windows XP they don't do
that, I have to manually change the dates. Can you please help me to correct
this problem?

Thank you very much

Angel

Mr. Dibben, please note that I'm a complete "ignoranumus" when it comes to
computers or their applications. Allow me to understand your answer. Do you
mean that there's a place besides the "tools" area where I can enter the
"=TODAY() so it will change every time I open an invoice? or do I have to
input that information every time I open a different invoice.

Thank you

wrote:

I've only been using Excell with an invoice format and when I was using
Windows ME had no problem with having the date on a specific invoice change
every time I opened it to the current date. Now with Windows XP they don't do
that, I have to manually change the dates. Can you please help me to correct
this problem?

Thank you very much

Peo Sjoblom

Gord meant that you should put the formula =TODAY() in the cell where you
want the current date,
the toolsoptions part was to set calculations to automatic just in case
they were set to manual.
If calculation is set to manual a template with =TODAY() won't change date
unless you press F9
or change the calculation setting

Peo Sjoblom