Junior Member

Default Protecting Cells

Hi all, I'm trying to do something relatively simple seeming in Excel but Help doesn't seem to be of much help. I need to know how to protect or lock a cell but everytime I try the protect sheet function under the Review tab, it seems to protect the whole thing sheet - this seems to be the case no matter what options are ticked or unticked on the Protect Sheet dialogue box.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

--
Dreamskaype

Lock or unlock specific areas of a protected worksheet

When you protect a worksheet, all cells are locked by default, which means that they cannot be edited. To enable cells to be edited while leaving only some cells locked, you can unlock the cells and then lock only specific cells and ranges before you protect the worksheet. You can also enable specific users to edit specific ranges in a protected worksheet.