-   -   Help with formula! (https://www.excelbanter.com/new-users-excel/448900-help-formula.html)

NubianNewbie

Help with formula!

I need to do a formula that would show if E6 plus H6 is greater than or equal to 60 then show 60 but if its less than 60 to show 5% of that number. I see to be putting in the equation that would show it to be false if less than but it doesn't show 5% of that number.

Any help would be greatful!

Claus Busch

Help with formula!

Hi,

Am Tue, 18 Jun 2013 20:39:00 +0100 schrieb NubianNewbie:

I need to do a formula that would show if E6 plus H6 is greater than or
equal to 60 then show 60 but if its less than 60 to show 5% of that
number. I see to be putting in the equation that would show it to be
false if less than but it doesn't show 5% of that number.

try:
=IF(E6+H6=60,E6+H6,0.05*(E6+H6))

Regards
Claus Busch
--
Win XP PRof SP2 / Vista Ultimate SP2
Office 2003 SP2 /2007 Ultimate SP2

joeu2004[_2_]

Help with formula!

"NubianNewbie" wrote:
I need to do a formula that would show if E6 plus H6
is greater than or equal to 60 then show 60 but if
its less than 60 to show 5% of that number.

=IF(E6+H6=60,60,(E6+H6)*5%)

But are you sure that is what you truly want?

Since 5% of 60 is 3, the result of that formula will be 0 to 3 if E6+H6<60
(assuming E6+H6=0), or 60 if E6+H6=60. That is a huge discontinuity.

I wonder if you really want one of the following:

=MIN(60,5%*(E6+H6))
or
=5%*MIN(60,E6+H6)

And just in case E6+H6 might be negative:

=MIN(60,5%*MAX(0,E6+H6))
or
=5%*MIN(60,MAX(0,E6+H6))