-   -   Not sure of formula help please (https://www.excelbanter.com/new-users-excel/448153-not-sure-formula-help-please.html)

Mark[_70_]

Not sure of formula help please

If I enter in cell A1 text 'BT1' I would like the text Bob Todd to appear in
cell A2. If I enter 'BT2' in A2 I would like text Bob Todd to appear in
cell A2. Is this possible could someone help me with the formula please.

Thank you

Mark

Stan Brown

On Sat, 9 Feb 2013 17:36:50 -0000, Mark wrote:

If I enter 'BT2' in A2 I would like text Bob Todd to appear in
cell A2. Is this possible could someone help me with the formula please.

There is no worksheet formula that can cause a cell to overwrite
itself. Either you made a mistake in describing what you want, or
you'd have to use a VBA macro that's triggered by the Change event.

http://OakRoadSystems.com
Shikata ga nai...

Mark[_70_]

Not sure of formula help please

Sorry Stan you are correct I meant if I enter BT2 in A1 (with the number
part variable) it enters Bob Todd in A2

Thanks

Mark

PS how's the snow?
"Stan Brown" wrote in message
t...
On Sat, 9 Feb 2013 17:36:50 -0000, Mark wrote:

If I enter 'BT2' in A2 I would like text Bob Todd to appear in
cell A2. Is this possible could someone help me with the formula please.

There is no worksheet formula that can cause a cell to overwrite
itself. Either you made a mistake in describing what you want, or
you'd have to use a VBA macro that's triggered by the Change event.

http://OakRoadSystems.com
Shikata ga nai...

Claus Busch

Not sure of formula help please

Hi Mark,

Am Sat, 9 Feb 2013 18:40:07 -0000 schrieb Mark:

Sorry Stan you are correct I meant if I enter BT2 in A1 (with the number
part variable) it enters Bob Todd in A2

in A2 try:
=IF(OR(A1={"BT1","BT2"}),"Bob Todd","")

Regards
Claus Busch
--
Win XP PRof SP2 / Vista Ultimate SP2
Office 2003 SP2 /2007 Ultimate SP2

Mark[_70_]

Not sure of formula help please

Many thanks Claus great help it works! Thank you

Mark