-   -   how do i use colours with formulas in excel? (https://www.excelbanter.com/new-users-excel/44776-how-do-i-use-colours-formulas-excel.html)

RINNY

how do i use colours with formulas in excel?

I am trying to create a spreadsheet of results using formulas and I want to
have cells highlighted depending on the outcome in different colours ie pass
(green) fail (red) etc

Don Guillett

formatconditional formatting

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software

"RINNY" wrote in message
I am trying to create a spreadsheet of results using formulas and I want

have cells highlighted depending on the outcome in different colours ie

pass
(green) fail (red) etc

David McRitchie

It would be best to indicate what constitutes pass or fail
but it is a simple comparison yielding True or False
that Conditional Formatting uses. If True you get the
conditional formatting specified. If False or an error you
skip over that test and test additional C.F. if present.
http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/condfmt.htm

---
HTH,