-   -   Deleting A COLUMN BY MACRO (https://www.excelbanter.com/new-users-excel/446777-deleting-column-macro.html)

[email protected]

Deleting A COLUMN BY MACRO

HI all,

every month i geenrate reports. from ms-access i export the reports to excel. i have various colmns which i dont requier. i need to delete them manually.
the columns are random.
From A - Z columns the data is filled. most of the columns i dont requier. by using a macro can i deleted these unwanted columns.

how i can do this. my desk is full load of work.i am new to excel to.

can some one please help me in this regards.
i am great ful to all.

Thanks
VEN

Ron Rosenfeld[_2_]

Deleting A COLUMN BY MACRO

On Sun, 5 Aug 2012 21:38:53 +0000, m wrote:

HI all,

every month i geenrate reports. from ms-access i export the reports to
excel. i have various colmns which i dont requier. i need to delete them
manually.
the columns are random.
From A - Z columns the data is filled. most of the columns i dont
requier. by using a macro can i deleted these unwanted columns.

how i can do this. my desk is full load of work.i am new to excel to.

can some one please help me in this regards.
i am great ful to all.

Thanks
VEN

Do you want to delete the entire column, or just the contents of the column?
Are the columns to be deleted the same each month, or are they truly random and change each month?
If the latter, how do you know which one's to delete?

[email protected]

;1604370]HI all,

Hi Ron,

Thanks for your reply. I need to generate the reports tweice a month. i export the reports from Ms-Access.

I need to delete the columns from the excel. same columns for all the reports i generate.
Random means.. the columns are not in order like col A, col B ..... first col A , THEN COL C OR COL K LIKE THAT..

I want to delete the columns with data which i dont need for my reports.

If you need any further details please let me know. i can post the sample columns as well.

Thank you,

every month i geenrate reports. from ms-access i export the reports to excel. i have various colmns which i dont requier. i need to delete them manually.
the columns are random.
From A - Z columns the data is filled. most of the columns i dont requier. by using a macro can i deleted these unwanted columns.

how i can do this. my desk is full load of work.i am new to excel to.

can some one please help me in this regards.
i am great ful to all.

Thanks
VENkata

Ron Rosenfeld[_2_]

Deleting A COLUMN BY MACRO

On Mon, 6 Aug 2012 15:00:39 +0000, m wrote:

I need to delete the columns from the excel. same columns for all the
reports i generate.
Random means.. the columns are not in order like col A, col B .....
first col A , THEN COL C OR COL K LIKE THAT..

Exactly which columns do you need to delete?

Cimjet[_4_]

Deleting A COLUMN BY MACRO

On Sunday, August 5, 2012 5:38:53 PM UTC-4, satish_vemuri @ hotmail. com wrote:
HI all,

every month i geenrate reports. from ms-access i export the reports to

excel. i have various colmns which i dont requier. i need to delete them

manually.

the columns are random.

From A - Z columns the data is filled. most of the columns i dont

--

Hi
Your not replying to Ron

Cimjet[_4_]

Deleting A COLUMN BY MACRO

On Friday, August 10, 2012 8:54:25 AM UTC-4, Cimjet wrote:
On Sunday, August 5, 2012 5:38:53 PM UTC-4, satish_vemuri @ hotmail. com wrote:

HI all,

every month i geenrate reports. from ms-access i export the reports to

excel. i have various colmns which i dont requier. i need to delete them

manually.

the columns are random.

From A - Z columns the data is filled. most of the columns i dont

requier. by using a macro can i deleted these unwanted columns.

how i can do this. my desk is full load of work.i am new to excel to.

can some one please help me in this regards.

i am great ful to all.

Thanks

VEN

--

Hi

Your not replying to Ron

So this will delete columns, you can edit or add to it.

You could record a macro for what you want or we are not getting the question right.

A reply from you would be good

Regards

Cimjet

Forgot to post the code:
Sub DeleteColumn()
Range("A:A,C:C,E:E,H:H").Select
Selection.Delete Shift:=xlToLeft
End Sub

Cimjet[_4_]

Deleting A COLUMN BY MACRO

I wish we could edit are post but anyway, here is a one line that will do the same.
Sub DeleteColumn()
Range("A:A,C:C,E:E,H:H").Delete Shift:=xlToLeft
End Sub
Don't need to select the columns
Cimjet