Junior Member

Smile Can I filter cell that have only 0-9 number in it?

Hi,

Can I filter cell that have only 0-9 number in it?

I mean that I have 1 column like below:

samsung
samsung galaxy s2
samsung galaxy
samsung galaxy tab
samsung galaxy nexus
samsung galaxy note
samsung infuse
samsung galaxy tab 10.1
samsung tv
samsung galaxy s3
samsung galaxy s

I want to filter cells that have any number in it (0-9). So, the end result should shows only :

samsung galaxy s2
samsung galaxy tab 10.1
samsung galaxy s3

I'm newbie here. Please teach me.

Thank you.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Default Can I filter cell that have only 0-9 number in it?

Hi,

Am Fri, 13 Jul 2012 03:48:45 +0000 schrieb lazyx:

samsung
samsung galaxy s2
samsung galaxy
samsung galaxy tab
samsung galaxy nexus
samsung galaxy note
samsung infuse
samsung galaxy tab 10.1
samsung tv
samsung galaxy s3
samsung galaxy s

I want to filter cells that have any number in it (0-9). So, the end
result should shows only :

your products in column A from A2 on. Then make a helper column with the
formula:
=COUNT(FIND({1;2;3;4;5;6;7;8;9;0},A2))0
and filter the helper column for TRUE

Regards
Claus Busch
--
Win XP PRof SP2 / Vista Ultimate SP2
Office 2003 SP2 /2007 Ultimate SP2
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Hi,

Am Fri, 13 Jul 2012 10:03:17 +0200 schrieb Claus Busch:

your products in column A from A2 on. Then make a helper column with the
formula:
=COUNT(FIND({1;2;3;4;5;6;7;8;9;0},A2))0

change the formula to:
=COUNT(FIND({1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,0},A2))0

Regards
Claus Busch
--
Win XP PRof SP2 / Vista Ultimate SP2
Office 2003 SP2 /2007 Ultimate SP2
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

On Fri, 13 Jul 2012 03:48:45 +0000, lazyx wrote:

Hi,

Can I filter cell that have only 0-9 number in it?

I mean that I have 1 column like below:

samsung
samsung galaxy s2
samsung galaxy
samsung galaxy tab
samsung galaxy nexus
samsung galaxy note
samsung infuse
samsung galaxy tab 10.1
samsung tv
samsung galaxy s3
samsung galaxy s

I want to filter cells that have any number in it (0-9). So, the end
result should shows only :

samsung galaxy s2
samsung galaxy tab 10.1
samsung galaxy s3

I'm newbie here. Please teach me.

Thank you.

You can use the Advanced Filter, to either Filter in Place, or copy the Filtered list to a new location

Insert a Label for your list above the list; and insert at least three blank rows above the list.

A1: <leave blank
A2: =MIN(FIND({1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,0},A5&"1,2,3,4,5,6,7, 8,9,0"))<=LEN(A5)

(Note that the A2 cell reference is to the first actual item in your list, not the label)

A4: Item
A5:A15 Your list from above

Then select a cell in your list
Advanced Filter
Action: As desired
List Range: $A$4:$A$15
Criteria Range: $A$1:$A$2

Copy To: (only if you have selected to copy to another location)

Junior Member

That's work.

Thank you Claus Busch. You're the best :)