-   -   remove columns from a lookup table (https://www.excelbanter.com/new-users-excel/446329-remove-columns-lookup-table.html)

dido22

remove columns from a lookup table

Hello,

I have a complex workbook of which the first sheet is a large lookup table.
It is accessed via 'VLOOKUP' from many parts of the workbook.

5 columns of the lookup table are now redundant and I would like to delete
them, ie. delete the columns themselves, not just the data within them
(which has already been deleted). If I do so, it messes up the rest of the
workbook, because the Vlookup function uses a 'column numbers' , which has
to be changed.

I can get over it by just making the columns invisible, but are there any
other mor elegant solutions ?

Thanks

KK