-   -   Alarms (https://www.excelbanter.com/new-users-excel/446180-alarms.html)

wobblywheel

Alarms

I am a complete novice and need whayt is probably basic informatio.

I am creating a "live" worksheet where a column of cells contain a critical time.

Is there a way that I can set and alarm ( by making the charecters flash or shange colour) when the time reaches, say, 30 minutes to the time shown in the cell?

All help will be appreciated.

Thanks

Gord Dibben[_2_]

Drop Down Menus

Data ValidationAllowList

In source enter Yes,No

Note: must be comma-delimited with no spaces as I have shown.

Ensure that "in cell dropdown" option is checked.

Gord

On Mon, 28 May 2012 16:38:54 +0000, wobblywheel
wrote:

I am almost a complete novice to Excel and have a couple of quieries. I
will post them separately.

The first is probably a no brainer... HOw do you set drop down menus in
a cell. I just want users of a shared sheet to be able make selectioins
(YES/NO) froma drop down menu.

Thanks

wobblywheel

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gord Dibben[_2_] (Post 1602181)

wrote:

I am almost a complete novice to Excel and have a couple of quieries. I
will post them separately.

The first is probably a no brainer... HOw do you set drop down menus in
a cell. I just want users of a shared sheet to be able make selectioins
(YES/NO) froma drop down menu.

Thanks

Thanks Gord. I will try that when next at work in a few days time.

reagards

WW