-   -   Split data in cells (https://www.excelbanter.com/new-users-excel/445728-split-data-cells.html)

Happychappers

Split data in cells

hi

i have a list of names and addresses that I would like to split out for mail merge purposes. How can I separate the address from the suburb state and postcode so they are each in to different columns

Thanks

Ron Rosenfeld[_2_]

Split data in cells

On Tue, 10 Apr 2012 03:20:10 +0000, Happychappers wrote:

hi

i have a list of names and addresses that I would like to split out for
mail merge purposes. How can I separate the address from the suburb
state and postcode so they are each in to different columns

Thanks

One way: Use the Data/Text to columns wizard specifying the appropriate delimiter in your text string.

Without comprehensive examples of the format of your data, I cannot give you any further advice.