-   -   How Do I find distinct values in a Column (https://www.excelbanter.com/new-users-excel/44196-how-do-i-find-distinct-values-column.html)

Stankov

How Do I find distinct values in a Column

Hello,

I work in the Resourcing Dept. i have to prepare a list of candidates that
were interviewed.

I have to consolidate lists from four offices. I have come across duplicate
candidates entries after consolidating the worksheets.

Can anyone tell me how do I find out duplicate values.

Thanks

Gary''s Student

I suggest two steps:

1. combine the four lists into a single column and sort by name. This will
indicate duplicated items and how many duplicates exist.

2. Insure that there is some kind of label cell at the top of the column.
then pull-down Data Filter Advanced Filter... and check unique records
only. This will remove the duplicates and leave you with a list of unique
names.

Update the post if you still have problems.
--
Gary''s Student