-   -   how do I type over a pic on excel (https://www.excelbanter.com/new-users-excel/43499-how-do-i-type-over-pic-excel.html)

Shaun

how do I type over a pic on excel

JE McGimpsey

Unless you put the picture in the Background (Format/Sheet/Background),
in which case it will be tiled throughout the entire sheet, you can't
directly type over a picture because pictures "live" in the Drawing
layer above the cells.

You can make the picture transparent (Format/Picture) to see text in the
cells beneath.

You can also use the Camera Tool to create a linked picture of a cell
and position it on top of the other picture. Set the Fill to No fill,
and the border to No Line.

Cutter

What I do is to put a text box over the picture and format it with no
lines and no fill colour.

--
Cutter
Cutter's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=9848

JE McGimpsey

That works too. The only disadvantage vis-a-vis a linked picture is that
it's static, rather than allowing the results of a formula to be
displayed.

In article ,
Cutter wrote:

What I do is to put a text box over the picture and format it with no
lines and no fill colour.

Cutter

You could link the text box to the cell containing the formula.

--
Cutter
Cutter's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=9848
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=401182

CLR

How about putting a formula in a helper cell and linking it to the Text

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3